Doris S. Hsu is a U.S.-trained tax lawyer and has more than 20 years of experience advising individuals and businesses on the U.S. tax ramifications of their transactions.
Ms. Hsu’s specialty lies in the cross-border areas – she routinely advises clients on the planning and implementation of inbound and outbound matters such as:
• Pre-immigration tax planning to the U.S.;
• Foreign investments in the U.S. debt/equity and real estate;
• Estate/trust/gifting/wealth succession from non-U.S. donors to U.S. beneficiaries;
• U.S. individuals or entities investing or expanding outside the U.S.; and
• Expatriation (relinquishment of U.S. green card or U.S. citizenship).
Ms. Hsu’s practice areas also include tax controversy (handling tax audits from the IRS and state tax authorities) and offshore assets/income compliance with the IRS.
Ms. Hsu is fluent in English, Mandarin Chinese, Taiwanese, and conversational in French.