Mr. Gareth B. Turo, Esq. is an associate in the Litigation Department of the Firm. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation, intellectual property, trademark registration, and other legal services for individuals and small businesses.
Gareth has advised multinational companies and individuals alike on complex international and domestic civil litigation matters such as EB-5 Investor Rights, Contract disputes, Intellectual Property disputes, Cyber-Law regulations and compliance, FINTech regulatory regime compliance, Product-Safety regulatory matters, securing both debtor and creditor rights in Chap. 7 and Chap. 11 individual and corporate bankruptcy matters, and securing international, cross-border, judgment-creditor’s rights. Gareth has extensive experience as a member of our litigation practice team working on matters from their initiation until and after their resolution.
Gareth brings a guided and metered approach to our litigation practice that has been informed by his years of experience working within the state of Vermont’s judicial system.
Gareth’s recent litigation experience includes:
- Obtaining default judgments for our clients against the perpetrators of massive EB-5 fraud in the ongoing matter of Li, et al, v. Walsh, et al, case no. 16-cv-81871-KAM, Southern District of Florida; and aiding in the successful settlement for our clients in the related matter of Li, et al, v. PNC Bank NA, et al, 19-80332-KAM, Southern District of Florida.
- Pursuing rights of defrauded EB-5 investors, as creditors, in state of Washington receivership action over entities involved in fraud, and as plaintiff defrauded investors in several state of Washington civil proceedings against various bad actors.
- Pursuing rights of defrauded EB-5 investors, as judgment-creditors, against bad actor in bad actor’s individual Chap. 7 bankruptcy proceeding in Middle District of Florida.
- Assisted in defense of alleged international corporate Intellectual Property infringer in suit brought by product manufacturer.
- Second chaired the successful defense of individual client in contract dispute matter that was tried by a jury in Vermont state court wherein plaintiff had levied equitable and remedial claims against CEO of LLC.
- Drafted FINTech regulatory regime compliance white paper for burgeoning international money-services business detailing United States FINTech regulations on both federal and state levels.
- Drafted Products-Safety regulatory regime compliance white paper for manufacturer of products distributed nationally detailing both federal and state level requirements.
- Assisted in bringing on-going action to secure international judgment-creditor’s rights against debtor in the High Court of New Zealand.
- Assisted in successful Section 1782 action brought on behalf of defrauded foreign investors seeking discovery for use in a foreign tribunal from multinational banks located in the United States.”